Friday, 12 August 2011

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Title: The Hunger Games
Author: Suzanne Collins
Release Date: September 14, 2008
Pages: 463 Pages
Rating: 5 Stars



Summery:

Katniss is a 16-year-old girl living with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, the remains of what used be the United States. Long ago the districts                                                                                                                              waged war on the Capitol and were defeated. As part of the surrender terms, each district agreed to send one boy and one girl to appear in an annual televised event called, "The Hunger Games." The terrain, rules, and level of audience participation may change but one thing is constant: kill or be killed. When her sister is chosen by lottery, Katniss steps up to go in her place.



My Review:

I first heard about this series 2 years ago but never got around to reading it then. Over the last 2 years I had picked it up so many times in book stores but I always put it back on the shelf, Then I found out it was being made into a movie I raced to my library and borrowed a copy, came home and jump right in.

I have only one thing to say WOW!!

This book has you sitting on the edge of your seat right from the first page, it grabs you and won’t let go, it’s that good. It has a bit of everything in it from action to romance even comedy. I was so hooked that I couldn’t put it down.

After I finished reading it I went straight on Amazon and bought the next 2 books, which should be arriving in the next week or two.
  
Suzanne has written one hell of a novel and I’m excited to read the second and third parts.

AN INCREDIBLE READ!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Hey!

Great review. Really makes me want to give this another read heh. I will definitely have to give this a go again.

Loving the blog.

New followers =]

Amy@adumbrations

MamaMunky said...

I loved the Hunger Games. I got it from a friend on my nook and immediately went through all 3 in about a week. I can't wait to see the movie. You should definitely read the whole series before the movie comes out!

Lindsey @ babiesbooksandsigns.com

Jenna and Ashley said...

One of my favorite dystopian books...actually, it got me reading loads of others.
Thanks for stopping by my Follow Friday!
Following back:)
-Jenna @ Fans of Fiction

Ari (Reading After Midnight) said...

I loved this series (I tried to convince my husband to read it too - I've only half-succeeded because we read from time to time a chapter or two together), now I can't wait for the movie to come out.

I see that you are Australian, I am so jealous, you have the best writers over there. I loved almost every Aussie book I came across so far ;))

Post a Comment